The focus of this week's post is dedicated to all of us who kicked off 2020 strong and on fire ready to move in our dreams, leap toward our goals, and activate this decade as the catalyst for change in whichever area of our lives we needed it. Perhaps some of you are still going strong, momentum in tact, ideas flowing, creativity and productivity unmatched. Perhaps some of you don't. Maybe the fire went out, the momentum slowed down, maybe you crashed or got stuck. Whatever the case I am here to help. I definitely feel a shift in this new decade. A welcomed one. One I've prayed for. One I've intentionally sought after. As I reflected on my content this week, it was important to me that I shared just exactly what has kept my fire hot and my creativity activated as I've walked into this new season with more confidence and boldness than EVER before. Below are 5 tips that I believe will enable us ALL to walk with more power...Here ya go! :)
1) OWN WHO YOU ARE
Owning something implies a sense of full control over it. Walking with confidence. Being unapologetic about where you stand on something, or how you feel about yourself.
The Miriam Webster definition of what it means “to own”is: To HAVE POWER or MASTERY OVER…to acknowledge to be TRUE, VALID, or AS CLAIMED.
Taking ownership of something means you accept what is rather than what you wanted it to be.
2) OWN THE DECISIONS YOU MAKE
* Are you aware of how your current decisions have been shaped by your past?
* How comfortable are you in the decisions you’ve made for your life?
I heard someone say that OUR CURRENT REALITY IS A SUM TOTAL OF OUR CHOICES IN THE PAST. Have you made wise choices? IF not, is there a decision that you've put off? Procrastinated on? Made excuses about? Excuses are tools of incompetence that build monuments of nothingness...Make moves toward the change you want to see or where you want to be...not excuses
3) ENCOURAGE YOURSELF...this needs no explanation! The journey gets tough and people won't always answer that phone!
4) RESISTANCE IS REAL!!!
In “The War of Art,” resistance is the primary antagonist.
Resistance is experienced as FEAR; PROCRASTINATION…Therefore the more fear we feel about a specific enterprise, the more certain we can be that that enterprise is important to us and to the growth of our soul. That's why we feel so much Resistance. If it meant nothing to us, there'd be no Resistance.” ― Steven Pressfield, The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks & Win Your Inner Creative Battles
“Rule of thumb (from the Author): The more important a call or action is to our soul's evolution, the Resistance we will feel toward pursuing it.”
5) JUST DO SOMETHING!!! (I can relate to feeling like there are a MILLION things on your to-do list, and it seems so intimidating and guilt-inducing. Rather than get stuck in the PIT OF NOTHINGNESS/GUILT…. or to get consumed in your TO-DO list….just pick ONE thing and DO IT!!! Completing one task often sets a flame or sparks interest in another thing happening....give yourself grace. Something is better than nothing!