I often talk about the purpose of my brand #Rhealism, and its definition about recognizing what's REAL and POSSIBLE in a situation, and furthermore being able to deal with life's problems in an effective and practical way. I recently came across an additional definition that really resonated with me even more, and it speaks to what I hope to impart into all who may read something that I write, or may be blessed to work with...and it reads:
1. the attitude or practice of accepting a situation as it is and being prepared to deal with it accordingly.
I want to highlight this definition today, and set that as a foundation as we think about "New Beginnings" for 2020. When making any personal life changes, It is very important to reflect, assess, and plan. This week, I want to encourage anyone who may be reading this and feel like you are on the precipice of change. In my recent YouTube video I dedicated it to "All things NEW/ New Beginnings."
I am charting a new movement in 2020 entitled “#TheFreedomMovement." I came up with this phrase over 15 years ago, and this week's "Freedom Movement Moment of the Week deals with getting UN-STUCK and GETTING CLEAR ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT! I reflected upon what tools I've used in my life through the many seasons of feeling stuck in a given area, and here is what I've come up with:
1) Start with the END GOAL first (Where is it that you desire to be?) Name it, envision it.
a. SET THE VISION
b. SPEND QUIET TIME REFLECTING
c. WRITE IT DOWN
2) Be REAL with yourself about WHERE YOU ARE (what is your current situation bringing you? Is there any part of your situation that you are having difficulty accepting?). You may ask yourself:
a. HOW DO I SPEND MY TIME?
b. AM I DISCIPLINED? IF NOT WHAT NEEDS TO LOOK DIFFERENT?
c. ARE THERE “THINGS TAKING UP SPACE?” (DISTRACTIONS)
3) ASSESS what BARRIERS or BOUNDARIES exist that may be holding you back?
b. OTHER PEOPLE?
c. NEGATIVE SELF-PERCEPTION / INSECURITY?
4) WHAT DO YOU NEED to get where you have to go? (IF YOU DON’T KNOW THE HOW, THAT IS OKAY!!!). This would be a good time to do some homework or speak to others who you may see or know that are in a space you desire to be in. IF you choose not to involve anyone else, and you believe in a power Higher than yourself...this is where prayer is key and essential. You can simply ASK... Matthew 7: 7-8 reads: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
5) WHAT AM I WILLING TO SACRIFICE OR DO DIFFERENTLY TO GET IT??
THESE QUESTIONS CAN BE APPLIED TO ANY GOAL OR DESIRE THAT YOU HAVE FOR YOUR LIFE!
(Love, Career, Spiritual Journey, Health/Fitness Journey, Personal Growth/Fulfillment...name it, this still applies...)
There is nothing on this planet worth having that does not come without some type of sacrifice. The true test of one's character is revealed in how much maturity exists when one desires change. Are you willing to do what it takes to get it? Are you mature enough to step outside of yourself and to create a NEW story line? Are you used to things coming easy to you, therefore you don't even know where to begin? Are you usually someone who has things done FOR you, so you've never really had to take initiative? Have you ever had to be uncomfortable? Do you have the patience to remain there until something changes? Whether you answer any of these questions with a no or yes the BEST PART is...it's never too late to take a chance and begin today.